Brighten shaded areas with this colorful mix.
Best for woodland edges and softly shaded areas. Mix contains:
• Aquilegia caerulea – Columbine, Giant (P)
• Aquilegia vulgaris – Columbine (P)
• Campanula carpatica – Tussock Bellflower (P)
• Leucanthemum X superbum – Shasta Daisy (P)
• Clarkia unguiculata – Clarkia (A)
• Collinsia heterophylla – Chinese Houses (A)
• Coreopsis lanceolata – Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Cynoglossum amabile – Chinese Forget-Me-Not (A)
• Consolida ambigua – Larkspur, Rocket (A)
• Dianthus barbatus – Sweet William (TP)
• Echinacea purpurea – Purple Coneflower (P)
• Gypsophila elegans – Baby’s Breath (A)
• Iberis umbellat – Candytuft (A)
• Linaria maroccana – Spurred Snapdragon (A)
• Myosotis sylvatica – Forget-Me-Not (B)
• Nemophila menziesii – Baby Blue-Eyes (A)
• Papaver rhoeas – Corn Poppy (A)
• Viola cornuta – Pansy, Horned Violet (P)
(Varieties are subject to change depending upon availability).
Ht. 6-36″. Avg. 40,500 seeds/oz. Packet: 200 seeds.
DAYS TO GERMINATION: 10-28 days at 65-75°F (18-24°C)
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) – Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8″. Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Part Shade.
PLANT HEIGHT: 6-36″ Plant heights vary depending on species.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Part shade.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 650 seeds) sows a 75-100′ row or 5-10 square feet; 1/4 lb. sows 1000 square feet.; 5-10 lb./acre. Use the higher rate for maximum color and when adequate soil preparation and weed control are not possible.
Next time I need seeds I will be using seedsday again. It’s worth the money I really didn’t have as long of a wait as expected