Attract beneficial insects.
Perennial and annual varieties attract a wide array of beneficial insects that prey upon unwanted garden insect pests. Mix contains:
• Alyssum saxatile – Basket of Gold (A)
• Ammi majus – False Queen Anne’s Lace (A)
• Anethum graveolens – Dill (A)
• Cheiranthus allionii – Siberian Wallflower (P)
• Chrysanthemum paludosum – Creeping Daisy (P)
• Coreopsis lanceolata – Lanceleaf Coreopsis (P)
• Coriandrum sativum – Cilantro (A)
• Cosmos bipinnatus – Dwarf Cosmos (A)
• Dalea purpurea – Purple Prairie Clover (P)
• Eschscholzia californica – California Poppy (A)
• Foeniculum vulgare – Leaf Fennel (A)
• Gilia capitata – Globe Gilia (A)
• Iberis umbellata – Candytuft (A)
• Liatris spicata – Blazing Star (P)
• Leucanthemum X superbum – Shasta Daisy (P)
• Lobularia maritima – Sweet Alyssum (A)
• Monarda fistulosa – Bergamot (P)
• Nemophila menziesii – Baby Blue-Eyes (A)
• Rudbeckia hirta – Black-Eyed Susan (P)
(Varieties are subject to change depending upon availability.)
Ht. 4-48″. Avg. 9,600 seeds/oz. Packet: 100 seeds.
DAYS TO GERMINATION: 10-28 days at 65-75°F (18-24°C)
SOWING: Direct seed (recommended) – Prepare weed-free field or bed area. Broadcast mixture evenly over area. Lightly rake seed and gently tamp into soil to ensure good seed-to-soil contact. Seed should be no deeper than 1/8″. Keep area moist to aid germination. Planting Times: Plant in late spring, early summer, or late fall. For fall sowing, wait until the soil temperature is too cool to allow seed germination (below 40ºF/4.4ºC).
LIGHT PREFERENCE: Sun.
PLANT HEIGHT: 4-48″ Plant heights vary depending on species.
SOIL REQUIREMENTS: Average, well-drained soil.
USES: Natural plantings for beds and field areas.
SEEDING RATES: A packet (approximately 100 seeds)
Next time I need seeds I will be using these guys again. It’s worth the money I really didn’t have as long of a wait as expected!